Thursday, January 7, 2010

In Memory of Chuck


My long time editor and proof-reader, Chuck, died a few days ago and I wanted to take a moment to acknowledge his incredible competency, his ability to laugh, and his unwavering ability to make me a better writer.  I admit that our five year relationship was more acquaintanceship, rather than a deep friendship, but we were heading down that road with the start of the Michael Alexander Stories project, especially since he had agreed to edit on a permanent basis. Chuck proof-read over fifteen of my works, including two novels, correcting grammatical mistakes and pointing out plot holes.  I hated to post a story without getting his opinion first.  His insights were invaluable and he had a gift for taking a diamond in the rough and polishing it.  I have always been too close to my own writing and Chuck's willingness to take time out of his life to help me out, without any reward, is the kind of example we all strive to live up too.

My heartfelt sympathy goes to Chuck's family and friends, the community at HellFire Caves where Chuck was a frequent contributor, and humanity in general.  We have lost someone special.

Chuck, I don't know if there are computers in heaven, or if you can possibly access your email there.  But if so, then I want you to know how much I have appreciated your critical eye, your hard work, and most of all, your friendship.

Clear sailing, my friend.  Clear sailing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Michael Alexander's BDSM Blog! We love hearing from our fans. Whether it's a critique, a suggestion, or just a plain old "well done!" drop us a line! Or feel free to email us directly! You can find our address at our website! Thanks!