Friday, January 1, 2010

Free Story Archive

With 24 different stories (including two novel length works) posted at the BDSM Library as well as other sites, I felt that it was necessary to have a totally free "Story Archive" on the new website.  But then I realized...here is my chance!  Some of those stories are so old that my writing ability has improved dramatically from their initial pen date.  I've been going back through each one, re-reading it, editing it, making some grammatical fixes, but most importantly, fixing a few of those awkward sentences that just stand out to intellectual readers as "wow, that sentence sucked."  Misplaced and dangling modifiers, prepositional phrases and all that.

Its actually been kind of fun.  I don't read my own work all that often, or if I do its because I have a few favorites.  Mostly I try to read other peoples work and I have my favorites.  That's a thread for a different post however.

So why go to www.michaelalexanderstories.com in order to read the full list of 24 stories?  Well, they will be better than the originals.  No plot or character changes of course, and you would need to read line by line between copies to detect the fixes, but if you are one of those "intellectuals" for whom awkward sentences just make you want to say "wow, that sentence sucked", then you might be in for a pleasant surprise.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Michael Alexander's BDSM Blog! We love hearing from our fans. Whether it's a critique, a suggestion, or just a plain old "well done!" drop us a line! Or feel free to email us directly! You can find our address at our website! Thanks!