Friday, November 16, 2012

Looking for a New Forum Now that BDSM Library is Toast?


With the death of the BDSM Library looking all but complete, I've noticed that many in the BDSM Community are bemoaning the BDSM Library's forum for chat.  I never participated on the BDSM Library's forum because for some reason, I always had trouble staying logged in.  For the past few years I've pretty much stayed at the Hellfire Caves Forum, which was introduced to me by my former editor, Chuck.  Unfortunately Chuck passed away, but he was instrumental in putting me in contact with a group of people who are passionate, friendly, span the political and sexual spectrum, and have been kind enough to serve almost as a Beta group for me upon occasion.  The site's moderator, Mac, is one of the best I've ever met.

If you are interested in joining a phenomenal community check out Hellfire Caves 

UPDATEHFC also has a beta library in place.  It needs submissions badly and as a warning, it still has a few bugs that Mac has to work out.  But if you are looking for an alternative to the BDSM Library, definitely give Hellfire Caves a try!

UPDATE: Mac, the moderator at HFC has asked me to also mention that HFC has chatrooms.  Real ones.  With real people in the them.  I personally have never been much for "chatting," but I understand that lots of people do it, love it, and dig it.  So yes, Hellfire Caves even has chatrooms!  So check them out!

UPDATE: 02/06/13 - It now looks as if our worst fears for the BDSM Library have come true.  None of the webmasters have returned emails and half of the system is down.  It is impossible to leave reviews, previous reviews are gone, and even established authors submitting work (if it is even posted) are slotted to new profiles, rather than having them added to the old.  I've heard a lot of things about the forums as well and I can certainly understand authors and readers alike moving on. 

16 comments:

  1. Thanks, I didn't know about HFC. With the library done (hopefully not but...) most of my writings are on The Writings of Leviticus and Tales of the Veils, so a new site is always welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is BDSM Library toast? Was it something that happened in the Chat/Forums that led to them being closed, or is it a wider issue to do with the site itself?

    What's going on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest, we don't know. Emails are not being responded to from the website's owners or webmasters and the entire forums section as well as review capacity are gone. Updates have not been made to the library in almost two months, and there have been coding problems left and right.

    To be honest, things haven't been right at the BDSM Library in ages. Ever since the guy who created the original BDSM Library sold it, and the library became a draw for advertising pay sites, the quality and operation went down hill. All of the pay for sections of the library site are still open and function (as far as I can tell) so we get to see exactly what the actual library's worth really is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BDSM Library flashed a new stories update on 2 December; it's not responding again now, but someone seems to be trying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be good news indeed. I miss the people on the forums!

      Delete
  5. It's up again as of 0158 MST 4 Dec

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah, including your "The Club"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for letting me know. I wanted to highlight the club and submitted the first chapter back in October. I hope the BDSM Library can get it back together but I still encourage everyone to post at HellFire Caves, rather than the BDSM Library.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! I was looking for an alternative to BDSM Library. I'm very disappointed that it does appear dead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are not te only author disappointed by the decline of BDSM library. I post on several free sites and I can send you their URL's if you are interested in them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mr. Fesseln, Thank you for the offer. To be honest, I haven't been posting to the BDSM Library much in the last few years since I am now self-publishing my writing in e-book format for the Kindle and Nook. Since there does seem to be a number of people who feel my writing is worthy of purchase, I have decided not to post my stories for free, unless used as a marketing tool. The only sites that I have a special affinity for is Hell Fire Caves and Afterdark Online. It doesn't seem to be appropriate for me to provide another website with free material which they then use to attract visitors, only to bombard them with advertisements. I on the other hand, maintain a free story archive and am relatively advertisement free. However, you might send me a link to some of your work. I'm always interested in other author's kinks. - MA

    ReplyDelete
  11. i like their stories their where is a good place for similar stories

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kevin, both Hell Fire Caves and Afterdark Online are great places to find some decent BDSM fiction. Of course they are relatively new and are still seeking authors to round out the field for new story updates. And of course I highly recommend my own Free Story Archive at www.michaelalexanderstories. Between myself and Breanne Erickson, we probably can keep you entertained for quite awhile. Make sure you check back here at the blog for regular "Tales" as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like bdsm library is back...two updates in less than a week. Reviews and the forums are still down though, so it's unclear whether anything has really been fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. While I'm pleased the BDSM Library is updating, unless the comments and review section, as well as the forum are back up and running, I can hardly endorse that platform and again recommend Hellfire Cave Stories as the best place for folks to post their BDSM fiction. Still, it's a step in the right direction I suppose! - MA

    ReplyDelete
  15. its a shame you could just read the stories with out joining the site dont know of any other like that

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on Michael Alexander's BDSM Blog! We love hearing from our fans. Whether it's a critique, a suggestion, or just a plain old "well done!" drop us a line! Or feel free to email us directly! You can find our address at our website! Thanks!